Thu, Oct 21|
Incommon Coffee Roasters
SCA Brewing - Foundation
In Brewing Foundation, you’ll develop both the knowledge and skills needed to make a tasty brewed coffee. During the class, you will be introduced to a variety of automatic and manual brewing devices and variables that will help you to improve the way that you brew.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2021, 10:00 AM – 10:05 PM
Incommon Coffee Roasters, Sarısu, 150. Sk. 15/B, 07130 Konyaaltı/Antalya, Turkey
About The Event
SCA Coffee Skills Program - Brewing Foundation introduces you to the different methods of brewing coffee. You will receive theoretical and practical hands-on instruction for a range of devices including automatic and manual gravity brewers, as well as other commonly used brewers within their local culture. You will also explore how to produce a tasty brew based on an understanding of the essential brewing elements and an analysis of their brew results.
Upon the successful completion of the course and its online written exam, you will receive an Brewing certificate from the Specialty Coffee Association and will earn 5 credits towards your SCA Coffee Skills Diploma.
Course Language: English/Turkish
Cost: €250 (inclusive of KDV and SCA certification fee)
In order to register for multiple courses and get the combo pricing, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Combo you are interested in purchasing
- Courses you are interested in registering in as a part of your combo.
- SCA learner number
Included in course fees
- Instructor fees
- Certificate and examination fees
- Any materials and coffee needed during class
- Facility usage
Secure your spot in this course
- Spots in this course are limited.
- Registration is done online through the "Register" link on this event.
- In order to register for your class, you must have a learner number from the SCA. If you don't have a learner number, you can register for one for free at this link.
- Course fees must be paid in full in advance order to secure your slot in a course and are collected online during the registration process.
- Tickets can be canceled up to 1 week before and 70% refund is provided. Cancellations made in less than 1 week are non-refundable.
About the Instructor
Caleb (Ismet) Bilgen is Incommon and Average Bear's head roaster. Before becoming a roaster, Caleb worked in the coffee industry as a barista and a cafe manager giving him a holistic understanding of the coffee industry. In 2021, Caleb completed his Accredited SCA Trainer (AST) accreditation, becoming one of the few AST's focusing on the roasting track of the Coffee Skills Program in Turkey. His relaxed and interactive teaching style makes content easily accessible and understandable for students with an emphasis on giving skills that can easily be applied in their own businesses.